2007年5月23日水曜日

Teaching Vocabulary

Today we learned about two approaches for teaching vocabulary: the present and learn and the Learning through Input Approach. You can see a PowerPoint presentation of the approaches here. I would like to tell you about the strengths and weaknesses of each approach as well as the approach I would use as a Junior High School English teacher.

The Present and Lean Approach
◇Strength point
・we can understand the goal → easy to learn for students and go smoothly
・we can know what should we do
◇Weakness point
・some students who already learned don't join the class
・it's one pattern, so some students feel boring

The leaning through Input Approach
◇Strength point
・very interesting for students → listening carefully
・easy to memorize naturally
・we can communicate both students and teacher
◇Weakness point
・some students can't keep up this lesson way
・easy to get confused

My opinion
I learned Spanish through Input Approach in last class. It was very interesting for me, and I could memorize naturally. I enjoyed learning it. I think the Approach is very useful in junior high school. Students will be able to get English vocabularies with enjoyment. It is important to enjoy learning in teaching and all student can join the class.

3 件のコメント:

JH さんのコメント...

I think one more weakness of the second approach is that it is time consuming.

hikkun さんのコメント...

My opinions about the Present and Learn is alike yours. The lesson become stereotyped in this way, I think.

Jaguar さんのコメント...

I agree to your idea!
If the teacher and students can communicate each other in class, the class will be very active.